One of the main marketing strategies that can help online retailers build a successful Internet business is search engine optimization (SEO), the process of tailoring your website to the algorithms that search engines use to rank websites based on “signals” that the site emits.
However, search engine algorithms continue to change with time as the Web evolves, so online retailers need to evolve with the engines. We must make sure we keep up-to-date with best practices to claim the best possible rankings for relevant keywords.
If you want your website to rank well in 2019, here are 6 components of SEO that online retailers should know about when optimizing their e-commerce website to rank well in top search engines:
1. Keywords. Keyword research is the first step to a successful SEO strategy. Those successful with SEO understand what people are searching for when discovering their business in a search engine. These are the keywords they use to drive targeted traffic to their products. Start brainstorming potential keywords, and see how the competition looks by using Google AdWords Keyword Tool. If you notice that some keywords are too competitive in your niche, go with long-tail keywords (between two and five words) which will be easier for you to rank. The longer the keyword, the less competition you will have for that phrase in the engines.
2. Meta tags. Meta tags still play a vital role in SEO. If you type any keyword into a search engine, you’ll see how that keyword is reflected in the title for that page. Google looks at your page title as a signal of relevance for that keyword. The same holds true for the description of that page. (Don’t worry about the keyword title tag — Google has publicly said that it doesn’t pay attention to that tag, since it has been abused by webmasters and all those trying to rank for certain keywords.)
3. Content. It’s actual, quality writing is everything. Web indexes have expressed that making quality substance is the most ideal approach to rank for watchwords, yet additionally make positive client encounters. It will likewise run far with ensuring you’re teaching your buyer, and being an expert in your specialty will prompts helps in deals.
4. Backlinks. On the off chance that quality written substance is the final deciding factor, at that point backlinks are ruler. Keep in mind, it’s not about which webpage has the most connections, yet who has the most quality connections indicating back their site. Assemble backlinks by submitting month to month or every other month official statements on any energizing organization, and reaching famous sites in your specialty to perceive how you can cooperate to get a backlink from their site. Make the most ideal item site you can, so individuals discussing the items you sell will connect back. Take a stab at making designs or newsworthy substance that will impact bloggers and news sites to connect that content.
5. Social Media. The calculations have genuinely changed since social media initially rose. Many substance sites are network arranged – Digg started enabling clients to cast a ballot which stories make the first page, and YouTube factors perspectives and client appraisals into their first page rankings. Along these lines, web based business stores must build up a solid web based life nearness on locales like Facebook. Pinterest, Twitter, and so forth. These web-based social networking destinations send web search tools signs of impact and expert.
6. Item pictures. On the off chance that you figure pictures don’t assume a job, reconsider. At the point when numerous customers scan for items in the web crawlers, in addition to the fact that they are taking a gander at the “Internet” results, but at the same time they’re taking a gander at the “pictures” results. On the off chance that you have quality pictures of that item on your site – and the records’ names contain important watchwords – these pictures will rank well in web indexes. This road will drive a ton of traffic to your site, as potential clients will tap on that picture to discover your store.
Notwithstanding improving these six regions of your site, break down your rivals and see what they are doing as far as on-page advancement, off-page improvement (focused connection investigation) and online networking. While you might complete a ton of very similar things they are, it’s unfathomably vital to break new ground to get a leg up over the challenge.